I just posted 2 food blogs I figured I might as well put tonight’s meal on the board as well and make it 3 food blogs in one day. I’m not sure why I’m in love with cooking these days but it’s become one of the fun parts of the day for me. I’m always looking for something new for me to try and I’m storing all my recipes in a big binder so I can hold on to them forever. Plus flipping through a book full of recipes that I’ve already determined would be a gooder is great for grocery shopping time and dinner time.
I’m actually made 2 different tacos tonight… the shrimp ones and then fish tacos, chopping up the fish and frying it the same as the shrimp, sub’ing the yogurt, cayenne, lime juice, cilantro, & salt dressing for a chipotle mayo. I just mashed a chipotle pepper with some low fat mayo and added some of the adobe sauce from the chipotle can. So 2 different tacos. I’ve never made these before but they were SUPER SIMPLE just as the recipe claims.
I served them with guacamole & salsa on the side. Hubby loves his guacamole!
SUPER SIMPLE SHRIMP TACOS
1 lb of frozen shrimp, defrosted, peeled, & deveined
6 oz fat free Greek yogurt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
½ a head of cabbage, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
8 corn tortillas
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat tortillas over medium heat in a dry skillet until warm and starting to form small brown spots.
- Set aside on a plate covered with a clean kitchen towel.
- Mix yogurt, cayenne, lime juice, cilantro, & salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet and add cabbage. Cook for about four minutes or until the cabbage is just barely wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut shrimp into thirds, so you have little bite size pieces. Sauté in two teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper over medium heat just until done. They cook up in just a few minutes… so be sure to watch them!
- Build your taco! Place a scoop of cabbage on the warmed tortillas taco, then top with shrimp, and cilantro sauce… enjoy!