I wanted to make something easy tonight so I threw a pork roast in the slow cooker with some seasonings and such and voila…. dinner was served. I put these ingredients together because I dislike BBQ sauce and hubby isn’t too fond of it either. Worked out pretty perfect for me and any leftovers make for great lunch sandwiches cold too.
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
5-6 hours in slow cooker on high
Pork Butt Roast or Pork Roast
Salt & Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 cups Chicken Broth (low sodium)
1 cup Water
Dash of Worchester Sauce (optional)
- Season roast with Salt & Pepper, Garlic, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper flakes
- Place seasoned roast in a ziplock bag and marinate overnight or for approx. 6 hours.
- place marinated roast in slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth, water and Worchester and cover with lid
- Cook in Slow Cooker for about 6 hours on High
- When roast is fully cooked and almost falling apart, remove from slow cooker place in a bowl to catch any juices, let cool and begin to pull the pork apart with your hands.
- Place pulled pork in shallow oven safe dish with lid
- The liquid left in slow cooker can be added to a pan and heated till most of the water evaporates and a nice dark rich glaze has formed.
- Pour glaze over pulled pork.
Serve on toasted kaiser buns with garlic butter and mayo